We are surfers that have experienced the love of Jesus Christ and are looking for ways to share that love with our community.
OUR PURPOSE AND MISSION
Christian Surfers United States exists to see every surfer in the United States impacted by Jesus.
OUR PRIMARY VISION
Our mission will be achieved by AWAKENING surfing Christians to spiritual AWARENESS and mobilizing them to become ACTIVE in the mission.
Our mission and vision will be accomplished through linking the entire United States coastline with local Christian Surfers chapters.
- EVANGELISM - We are evangelistic in intent, majoring on Christ, the gospel, and the bible.
- SURFERS - We are mobilizing surfers to reach other surfers, with a culturally relevant message.
- SURFING - We submit to Christ through servant-hood, rather than serving the sport of surfing through selfish ambition.
- COMMUNITY - We integrate with our local communities, while creating a Christian community for outreach. We are committed to loving one another.
- CHURCH - We are locally based and accountable through many Christian church denominations.
- KINGDOM MINDED - We are transforming the wider surfing culture by both individual conversions as well as influencing our sub-culture.
- PARTNERSHIPS - We are working with God and what he is already doing through others, while respecting and partnering with other ministries.
- SERVANT-HOOD - Our ministry is based on serving others through relationships.
- GRASSROOTS - We are a `bottom up movement’ empowering and developing the local ministry level.
- VOLUNTEER BASED - We are mobilizing Christian volunteers for outreach, while helping them fulfill their God given calling and potential.
Statement of Faith
There is one true God, the creator of the universe, including mankind. He eternally exists in the three persons of the Trinity – The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each person of the Trinity possesses equally all the attributes of deity.
Jesus Christ is God, the eternal and living Word, who became man, being born into this world through the virgin, Mary. Jesus is perfectly God and perfectly human, united as one person. He lived a sinless life. Jesus died on the cross as our substitute, taking upon Himself the punishment which we deserve. By his death, Jesus made a once-for-all atonement for sin. We receive forgiveness of sins by turning to Him in faith. He rose from the dead bodily, and ascended into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father. He is the only mediator between man and God.
Jesus Christ will come again to the earth – personally, visibly and bodily – to complete and fulfill God’s plan. Mankind:
Man is created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God and earned death. All mankind’s nature is corrupt, and it is impossible for any person to make themselves acceptable in God’s sight. Every person is in need of regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit:
The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ, and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith. Every believer is called to live a holy and fruitful life by the power of the indwelling Spirit.
The salvation of mankind is wholly a work of God’s grace and is not the work, in any degree, of human works, goodness or religious activity. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation. As a result, God declares them right in His sight. Each person must be born again of the Holy Spirit and can be assured of their salvation immediately upon trusting Christ as Savior. The Word and the Spirit of God alone are the basis of this assurance.
The visible church is the gathering of God’s faithful saved people for the purpose of worship, edification, mission and use of gifts according to His word. Jesus Christ is the Head of His Church. God admonishes all of His people to assemble together locally for regularly for worship, participation in Christ’s ordinances, the ministry of the Word for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
Jesus Christ commands all believers to be involved in the making of disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything Christ commanded. His purposes require that all worldly and personal ambitions be subservient to Him. This is true discipleship.